In recent years, tiles are increasingly replacing other floor coverings or wall coverings. We present some special applications, which when not treated properly create problems.
- The wrong choice of tile has led to its destruction, and therefore to the need to renew the coating.
- Initially the surface is thoroughly cleaned of dust, etc.
- Add ISOMAT AK 22 to the stirring water until a homogeneous paste is obtained. Allow the mixture to mature for 10 minutes and stir it again. *
4. Spread the glue and “comb” it on the substrate with a notched trowel, so that it is evenly distributed over the entire surface.
5 & 6. Then we place the tiles and press them in the preferred position, keeping the selected width of the joints constant with the help of grouting crosses.
7. Finally with a spirit level we control the slopes and with the use of a rubber hammer we hit the tiles to get their final position.
9. The grout is applied with a rubber spatula, with diagonal movements towards the joints.
10. After the grout is sufficiently “pulled”, the surface is finished with a slightly damp sponge.
11. The final cleaning is done with a slightly damp cloth, as soon as the grout is completely dry.
12. Renewing an old tile coating is easy, without the need to remove existing tiles.