Since summer is coming, the protection and maintenance of wooden patio furniture becomes a necessity. The wood used for outdoor furniture is usually Teak wood, which is a tropical wood with a medium to high density, is considered hardwood, it has stability and it keeps its original form after the construction. Moreover, it is resistant to all the wood-boring insects and fungi.
- Clean the surface thoroughly with a cloth or wash it with warm water.
- After washing, wait until the surface is dry and rub the wood up with fine sandpaper.
- Clean the surface with a dry cotton cloth and remove all the dust.
- Make sure that the surface is smooth and completely clean.
- Apply the oil with a brush once or twice according to the wood’s absorbance.
Advice for better care of wooden furniture:
- The furniture in an outdoor place is exposed so it must be re-oiled at least twice a year.
- In winter, this kind of furniture must be protected in a covered area or with special covers that you can easily find in the market.
- Generally, when you do not use it, protect it as much as possible from the sun radiation.
- Also, protect it from the constant contact with water, especially if they are in a garden.
* Be careful: You cannot apply oil on furniture that has been varnished or painted.