WATERPROOFING - SEALING
Your roof’s maintenance plays an important role in the prevention of corrosion which happens when water penetrates and creates problems to the rest of the house. The protection and proper sealing of the roof ensures the resistance and the quality of the whole building and at the same time the quality of life of the residents.
If you want to maintain and seal your roof easily, the most economic way to do so is the application of elastomeric brushable products which create an elastic membrane without joints and ensure complete sealing and excellent results.
Preparation: A good preparation ensures a long term sealing protection.
1. The surface is cleaned thoroughly from dirt, rotten residues, grease etc.
3. Hairline and smaller cracks should be better covered for prevention, with geotextile and a diluted elastomeric sealant.
In case you are dealing with a rotten surface, then you should apply the diluted solvent based primer MERCOLA ISOCRYL DUR or the water based diluted primer DECOFIX STABILISING SOLUTION
2. Apply a second layer the next day crosswise above the first one.
3. For a better protection, apply a third layer where necessary.
1. Never apply a sealant over 0,5 mm in each layer.
2. Do not do any sealing applications if it is possible to rain or there is high humidity in the atmosphere.
3. The second and third layers take place after the first one is totally dry.
4. Bigger percentage of success in waterproofing is related to the proper preparation.
5. New cement mortar needs at least 28 days to be ready.
6. Sealing should be better stretched across 20 cm of the vertical sides of the roof, for a better protection.
7. Pay special attention to the application instructions that concern the coverage ability of the materials, in meters and the elasticity of the products.
COMPLEMENTARY SEALING MATERIALS:
- MERCOLA ISOMIX WATERPROOF 2K SET: Sealing mortar for the sealing of concrete flower molds, terraces and roofs.
- MERCOLA DRYPROOF MASORNY WATERPROOF & DRYPROOF WATERBASED WATERPROOFER: Sealing solvent for construction surfaces that need protection from moisture, they have extreme resistance to negative hydrostatic pressure.
- RUST-OLEUM FILCOAT FIBERS: Sealing material ready for immediate use even if it is raining, for sealing cracks up to 2 mm.
- RUST-OLEUM LEAK SEAL: Filling, sealing material in a spray form for cracks, leaks, gaps etc.
- BOSTIK FLASHBAND: Asphalt adhesive tape for sealing and immediate waterproofing.